Saturday, September 29, 2012

God says: “I am unchanging.”



Because you are unchanging I declare you my Rock and my Love.
“For I need a Rock to stand on when change is all around
And I need a Love that is constant when other’s are up and down.”

You are the most trusted Being I put my faith in, even when heart may fail and my mind may doubt.
For you will never change in your dealings with me. Yet I will change and grow in understanding them.
For you will never change in your purposes. Yet I will change by submitting to them as I learn.

I can know that you will not have days in which you change your plans or break your promises. You will not have days that will lean away from your wholly goodness toward any bit of evil.

Therefore I resolve, since you are unchanging, I will be comforted, find rest, place hope and put my trust in You alone. For when I am comforted and resting and hoping and trusting in You, it speaks of Your goodness. 

That will cause my worship to be sung more meaningfully, my love to be more sincere, my life to be more humble and Your name to be more glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment