Monday, August 27, 2012

God says I am All Powerful


Almighty God, I will never comprehend the fullness of your power
You have acted on my behalf and displayed through the power of the cross, your greatness and glory.
Yet your power and mighty work that you do for your glory and good pleasures I have not understood. Nor have I truly seen it clearly at times.

Perhaps I was self centered to think that your power was for me.
Or perhaps you just don’t reveal at this time because you are acting on behalf of something or someone outside of myself and circle of life.

I praise you when you do reveal the all powerful being you are. I pray that I might see those times more clearly, if it be your will.
Though my worship may be weak and filled with tears, I know that your mighty right hand comforts and keeps me.

But I resolve, to lean not on the power of my understanding  but to acknowledge all your ways as right, all your ways as higher than mine, and all of your power as an attribute of your being the God I reverently, trust, love and worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment